Simple and familiar. Two words that describe how Safecor Health’s process works. The key elements of our integrated supply chain process are:
- Your wholesaler establishes an account that allows you to instruct your wholesaler to send product directly to Safecor Health. If you are 340B, we have many customers that utilize a second account to enable segregation of those purchases for packaging.
- Your orders will be sent directly to Safecor Health for packaging.
- You maintain control of the product you order and you get the savings benefit of buying on your group purchasing or health system contracts.
- Utilization of hospital approved formularies.
- Ordering and billing through your wholesaler… we work with every major wholesaler to ensure a seamless process.
When your order arrives at Safecor Health, we compare it to an electronic order confirmation and your invoice ensuring completeness. Once received, your products are segregated into customer-specific and bar coded bins for tracking, packaged in our cGMP compliant facilities, and sent in finished packaged form to your pharmacy ready to dispense. Turn time is fast and consistent allowing you to plan effectively for supply in your pharmacy. Safecor Health bills you for only the packaging cost and can bill those costs direct or conveniently through your wholesaler. All of your account activity, including order status and detailed product history can be tracked in real time on Safecor Health’s “Customer Center” portal.
Safecor Health has the only nationwide service platform, contracts with nearly all group purchasing organizations, and strong relationships with all major wholesalers. We simply offer the most flexible and cost-effective service model in the industry.
In a Shared Service model:
- Pharmacy maintains ownership of products
- Pharmacy controls all ordering and product purchasing decisions
- Pharmacy approves all label requirements and determines packaging formats
- Utilize approved formularies
- Supports individual manufacturer and GPO contracts
- Order products and bill packaging fees through your wholesaler
Ordering and Supply Chain Basics:
- Order through your wholesaler
- Services can be billed through your wholesaler
- Buy items on your GPO contracts
- Hospital formulary-friendly
- Quick and consistent order turnaround
- Custom labels and barcode formats
- 340B ordering (through separate ordering account)